Tuesday, January 01, 2008

Fathering Your Family - {Introduction}

"Blessed is the man who finds wisdom, and the man who gets understanding." Proverbs 3:3

anger_sm I am not very good at presenting flowery and long winded prose. I am a straight forward kind of man. I believe most men appreciate this trait in a fellow. So, I will look you right in the eye and talk straight about the many issues relating to "fathering your family."

Fathering a large blended family for nearly three decades has given me some unique insight into the issues all dads are facing. In short order, I am listing the most problematic areas you will face actively "fathering your family." They are:

  • Alcohol
  • Anger
  • Counsel
  • Discipline
  • Fear
  • Fools
  • Friends
  • Gossip
  • Laziness
  • Leadership
  • Lying
  • Marriage
  • Money
  • Pride
  • Temptation
  • Wisdom

leadership_small Over the next several weeks, I will be offering short blog entries on each of these core subjects and how each area addressed directly affects a man's personal walk as a father, how it affects his family, the community and our nation.

You have made a tough decision to "man up" and begin "fathering your family." Good call dad!

Parents are not in the business of raising children. They are raising parents." William "Cody" Bateman - Christian Author, Speaker and Father

- William Bateman

No comments: